Friday, July 18, 2008

15 Months Check Up

OK so I am a little late but like I always say better late than never, right? Anyway our little (OK huge) man is almost 16 months and boy is he busy! He is at such an exciting age, he is saying a ton of words (of course my favorite is MAMA) and is definitely more interactive not just with us but also with his surroundings. His favorite thing to do is annoy his sister in anyway possible which means anything from taking her food (more on this later) to just plain old tackling her. He has many new nicknames this month which include, Buster- because he is always running and doesn't have time to look at his surroundings so each day is a new bruise, and my personal favorite Dirty Old Man- because of his laugh which sounds just like a dirty old man laugh but always makes everyone around him giggle. Jace is definitely a Momma's boy and loves to give me hugs and crawl into my lap when he is tired or just needs a break from a hard day of playing. I know that as soon as his father gets home this will all change so I am enjoying every moment I can while I can.


So on to his Doctors appointment. First let me explain that everyone thinks that Jace is older than he is simply because he is so tall, to me however, he is my baby and I know that he is big but I guess I just didn't see it, until today. Dr. M's first question to me is, "He is only 15 months?" I should have know then....Here are Jace's 15.5 month stats:

Weight: 28 pounds (90%)
Height: 34.5 inches (60% for a 2 year old)


Yes that is right he is completely off the charts for a 15 month old, in fact he is not even on the chart for a 18 month old. He is in the 60 percentile for a 2 year old!!!!!! He is barely 1!!! Dr. M measured him 4 times because he couldn't believe it. I guess that is what happens when you mix a 5'10 Mom with a 6'3 Dad, you get one HUGE boy!!!!!









post signature

1 comment:

crazymom said...

it was so good to see you all! it had been way to long. maybe i can sneak up your way w/ the kiddos before the summer is up. let me know your plans! oh and willie weighs the same as jace. wow!