Tuesday, March 25, 2008

105 Seriously.....Seriously!

Thursday after Elizabeth's Easter Party I noticed poor Jace had a little fever, it was only 101, so I gave him some Motrin and put him down for his nap and figured I would take him to the doctor the next morning. It seemed like a good plan, but Jace had something else in mind...he woke up from his nap screaming, which he never does and when I went to get him he was burning up. When I took his temperature this time it was 103. I started to worry a little because I had just gave him his medicine about 2 and a half hours ago and his fever had gotten worse, but by this time it was to late to take him to the doctor so I got him in a tepid bath and figured that would bring it down. Jace loves to take baths, if he could stay in all evening he would happily, but this time he was miserable which I again thought was just from the fever. When I got him out I took his temperature again and it was still 103. Ten minutes later it hit 105 and we were out the door. I dropped off Elizabeth at a neighbors and headed to the ER. Once we got there they gave him some more Tylenol and the waiting began. I should mention that we got there around 5:30, by 9:30 we still hadn't been seen and Jaces' fever hadn't returned, and all the poor little guy wanted to do was go to sleep so we left. Of course I was up every hour that night checking his fever and giving him medicine but the fever thankfully didn't return. The next day we went to the Doctor to find out my poor boy has strep throat, double pink eye and bronchitis. Poor baby! Thank goodness for Antibiotics, he is doing much better now.





post signature

1 comment:

crazymom said...

girl, my heart breaks reading your story. i too had willies temp hit 105 ' and that feeling of reading that was so scary. i wish i could have been there for you! i am happy to see he is finally getting better, and man that pink eye sucks, first jr had it in both eyes, passed it to willie and both eyes and gave it to me. shesh that stuff is yucky,, wash your hands i tell ya,,